GARYMA ChatBot was released on 24th of July, 2018.
Who is GARYMA?
GARYMA is a retrieval model based ChatBot built upon IBM Watson Assistant that automatically answers user queries related to Dietary management of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
What is a Chatbot?
ChatBot is one of the real life applications of machine learning (artificial intelligence) where machine (computer) tries to understand the question from user and provide with an appropriate answer. Some of the common examples of ChatBots are Siri (by Apple), Cortana (by Microsoft), Google Assistant (by Google), Alexa (by Amazon) and Ruuh (by Microsoft).
What are some examples of questions to ask to GARYMA?
Questions similar to the following are expected to be responded sensibly by GARYMA:
- Can diabetics eat bacon?
- Are bananas good for diabetics?
- What should I avoid if I have diabetes?
- What is sugar detox?
- Which artificial sweetener is safe?
Questions that are not related to diet will be responded with GARYMA asking you to contact a real human:
- What type of insulin is cloudy?
- What is the action of thiazolidinediones?
- What is a hypoglycemic episode?
- Who is a podiatrist and what is his function?
- Can diabetic nerve pain go away?
You can also ask GARYMA:
- Tell me something about you.
- Can you tell me a diabetic joke?
- What is Diabetes Mellitus?
- Where were you born?
- How can you help me?
What replies should I expect from GARYMA?
The questions for which GARYMA does not know the answer, she may reply with either of the following answers:
- Please contact a real human: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I’m unaware about this.
- I don’t know how to respond to this.
- I need to read more upon that.
- This concept is not known to me.